SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Saturday 6 December 2014

You and i
by anonymous

when I think of you i cringe
my every inch starts to itch
i start unravelling at the fringe
i come undone, stich by stich

when I think of you i gulp
my lungs search for absent air
as my muscles turn to pulp
then crumble without a care

when i try to put it in words
i can never quite grasp it
the feeling is absurd
and mildly claustraphobic

when i attempt to forget
the time i walked into your room
i’m simply left with regret
your bed is my soul’s tomb

when remembering that day 
i shiver and break a sweat
is this the price to pay
for an action you regret?

No comments:

Post a Comment