Hello. Here's to hoping that you will all be able to join us for our (first) ComiCon event:
- Wednesday, October 26th
- 3:30pm to 8:30pm
- ESA Library and Mini-Theatre
If you are planning to attend ComiCon, please do pre-register.
- We need to have a pretty good idea of our numbers ahead of time so we can plan appropriately.
- You can access the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/y3RUyqDrdSk7MBkg1
- Or use the QR code posted below.
Please do invite your friends. Bring one or two along with you to ComiCon. They do not need to be ESA students.
This event is free to all, and a light pizza dinner will be provided.
- Multiple award winning author of titles including The Wolf-Birds and Hyena in Petticoats.
- Willow will lead a workshop in which she discusses the challenges and joys of writing biography, autobiography and memoir graphic novels.
- This presentation includes personal stories and anecdotes, including how she found her voice and became an author and illustrator.
- Multiple award winning author of Draw Out The Story: Ten Secrets To Creating Your Own Comics.
- Brian's workshop will begin with a quick intro to how comics are a combination of showing + telling, and then delve more deeply into character design.
- There will be lots of audience interaction in this workshop.
- Author and illustrator of Jellaby and March Grand Prix.
- Kean will be leading a workshop about the process of making comics, with a focus on storytelling techniques.
- There's will be lots of audience interaction in this workshop.
- Author of the graphic novel memoir Mirror Mind, which recounts her experiences growing up with dyslexia.
- Tory will conduct a writing workshop that builds a story (that can be used for comics, prose, video games, film, etc.) from the ground up, creating a protagonist and antagonist and a 5-act structure.