SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Wednesday 17 October 2018

CRAZY GREY SKY

What’s that I long for?
What’s that smell I long?
The wafting scent of sulfurous fumes
What’s that sensation I long?
The rumble of the crumbling, rocks passing under my feet.
Or
The whispering slick parting of air as we rush along the surface.
What’s that sight I long?
The sight, of the transparent yellows, or the deep dark greens, the flashing scarlet
An endless changing chain it seems.
Like the one we ride.
What’s the sound I long?
The sound of a distinct silence,
That teams with textures but is creased by our rhythmic pace.
I am protected by the dank earthy mud below
And
A crazy grey sky above

That fades away to a plummeting blue.

-Gina Louisa

No comments:

Post a Comment