SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Friday 27 March 2015

Meghan Dunsmuir
17

17 years

Within

A pale pink universe

I have cut my hair trying to fly

Beyond the walls that kept me here.

My everything space, my nothing space,

Curvatures of plaster swirling the same stale air

Over and over my own foggy reflection.

Appearing cracks reveal

We’ve been floating side by side.

Together we will learn

Hope, grieve and fight
I will break the circle,

Reach for my hands.

17 years
I have lived within
A tiny pale pink universe
Where I have cut my hair to fly
Beyond the walls that kept me near.
This everything space, this nothing space,
A curvature of plaster swirling the same air
Over and over my own foggy reflection
But slowly, appearing cracks reveal
We’ve been floating side by side.
Together we will learn,
Hope, grieve.
I will
Break the circle,

Reach for my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment