SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Digits by Nastasia Kujbid

Circled in red


A two digit number lies on my paper

If I squint the four becomes a nine

If my eyes pierce the paper, the five may become a seven


Two digits make my blood run cold

Two digits make the walls close in

Two digits make me scream in distress

Two digits make me question my prospects


Digits symbolize achievement

Success is marked by three

Failure is marked by two

Stupidity is marked by one


At school I am nine digits

My future is determined by two

My heart rate is three

I am a sum of digits

No comments:

Post a Comment