SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Thursday 2 May 2019

For when faith Fails

Right now, the water is murky, filled with nitrogen and algal bloom.
The fish and I have lost our habitat,
I need a sign that this ecosystem will be restored.
That balance will be once more.
Tell me that the fields will turn from ice into potent sunflowers that fill the air with
warmth and longing.
Let the stars fall and please, let the bees return.
I wait for the hives to fill, for the hibiscus to open their vibrant petals.
I long for the hydrangeas and the ferns, the english oak and the daffodils to bloom and
burst once again,
among the ruby and creamsicle tinged skies.
These visions have no sense of time, there is no time
time is not real, a mirage over gypsum deserts and yucca plants.
It is stuck in the asteroid belt along with the lost hopes and dreams that we cast away
out of reach from gravity, with no trajectory of return.
This brings the question:
Can technologies advance?
Can I manipulate the hummingbirds to travel past Mars and bring my dreams home to
me? Bring my love home?
Tell me Universe is this in the stars?

Are we meant to reunite ourselves with what we have lost in yesterday tomorrow?

1 comment: