SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Aging Eyes

Aging Eyes

Bright eyes
Catch and release
Dance around
Fiddle with harmonies
Take my hand
Tell me a mystery
Guide my mind
Throughout our future history

Wild eyes
Breakneck rides
Stomp on dreams
Rip apart all the seams
Give me a power
Then you devour
Past smiles
Broken-down lies



Scared eyes
Cracked glass
Strained, empty grasp
Cold feet on the grass
Run your hand through your hair
Say you’ll always be there
Shifted aspirations
From subtle inspirations

Dim eyes
You think that you’re wiser
Tripping on nothing
A sadist deviser
Blurred lines
With an inconsistence
I keep forgetting
And you keep your distance

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment