SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Tuesday 29 May 2018

My Head

My Head
By Michael No Name


A marching band all in my head
I don’t want to get out of bed
It fills me with dread
Stomach full of lead, dead
Everyday is a balancing act but I got a knack for this
It’s whack
They're always telling me to pick up my act
It's hard to do while keeping my interest intact
Always forget to put my coat on the rack
Teetor-totter wobble
Crack my head open leak out my thoughts
I wish I could keep a thought for more than a second
Keep a verse and run through it, man, that would be heaven
But I gotta keep switching up sorry I get bored
They dont think Im listening
like I'm out of it, day dreamer, whistling
Listing these crippling, persisting, fears that fulfilment’s missing
It’s constricting
I wish I didn't have an excuse
I tried it one too many times it's no use
Its hard like red spruce
And sour like lime juice

No comments:

Post a Comment