SUBMISSIONS

Submissions are accepted on a regular basis, year-round.
Can include, short stories, essays, poetry and prose.
Must not exceed 3,000 words.
Must be written by a current ESA student, or alumni.
Submissions are accepted: e.s.say.says@gmail.com

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Temptation

Temptation 

by Olivia Nitti

Between the sheets, we are safe.
As our love perpetuates,
Out in the cold and disdain.
There is our inevitable pain.
While the world around us grows thicker,
Our time together goes away quicker.

Be warned to cherish, and be sure not to miss.
The disarming embrace, of each time we kiss.
I wonder if you know, that our special place,
Is separate from darkness, it’s where I see grace.

Now what will I do?
When I have someone like you,
Who is holding me together, yet ripping me apart.
Who is the one, only being, in tune with my heart.
Overwhelmed by your presence, longing for your essence.
In fear you won’t be around, to hold me to the ground.
When everything starts slipping, as it usually does;
The one thing that is assertive, is painfully,
Our love.








We stand at the edge of the earth.
We could fall any second.
Standing on crumbling ground,
What is happening to us.
I am at a loss of what to do,
I knew I loved you.
Well, I think I do.
Which way will we go?
Into the abyss, never to be saved,
Or piece back together the stones beneath stolen waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment